[Image-SIG] PIL and The _imaging C module is not installed

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:40:40 +0200

Larry Bates wrote:
> When I try to do import _imaging (this was suggested from a message thread that
> I located) I get:
>
> ImportError: DLL load failed: One of the library files needed to run this
> application cannot be found.
>
> The _imaging.pyd file is in c:\python21\DLLs and that path is in my PYTHONPATH
> environment variable.
>
> I downloaded and installed the 1.1.2-20010910 version of PIL and it didn't make
> any difference.  I'm complete stumped.

ActiveState has shipped broken PIL kits before (a missing JPEG
DLL), but I'm pretty sure they've fixed that by now.

and the PythonWare distribution should definitely work.

try running the Python interpreter with -vv to make sure it picks
up the right version.

</F>