[Image-SIG] PIL from C/C++

Ari Heitner aheitner@andrew.cmu.edu
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:47:57 -0400

[please cc: me on replies]

Hi,

I poked around thru the PIL docs on pythonware.com, and didn't see anything
on this. I admit to not having searched the newsgroup exhaustively.

Simple application: I'm adding texture support to VPython
(virtualphoton.pc.cc.cmu.edu/projects/visual, sf.net/projects/visualpython),
everyone's favorite Python visualization toolkit. VPython is written in C++,
using CXX. I don't need much functionality from PIL: load simple images,
read the pixels out of them, give them to GL. Easy right?

But I haven't seen any docs, or header files in the PIL distribution that
seem especially tuned to this (like Numeric's C API stuff).

Am I just missing it?

Cheers,

Ari Heitner