[Image-SIG] Choosing arbitrary polygons

José Luis Gómez Dans josegomez@gmx.net
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:13:18 +0100

Hi,
	I did post something on comp.lang.python earlier on today, and then
realised that I hadn't checked PIL in a long long time. The main query
was about developing (if none available) some software to do image
processing interactively. One of the most important things that I need
to do is to select arbitrary areas of an image (polygons), and then
extract statistics off that. I'd like to be able to display an image,
and then retrieve a list of tuples with the vertices of each polygon,
which can then be used to select areas within a 2D Numeric array.

	The crop method does this, but only for rectangular areas. I was
wondering whether I have missed something, and whether a more general
polygon extraction routines is available.

	On the other hand, what would be the best way to do this using the
mouse (and allowing zooming in and out of the image, etc.)?

	Many thanks
José
--
José L Gómez Dans			PhD student
Tel: +44 114 222 5582			Radar & Communications Group