[Image-SIG] Tkinter, ImageTk and threading...

Kevin@Cazabon.com kevin@cazabon.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:05:07 -0600

Has anyone else had problems using Tkinter to display images in
multi-threaded applications?

I keep getting "Access Violation"s in TCL80.dll, and can't seem to nail down
exactly what's happening.  I've put locks on everything that can be accessed
by more than one thread, and made sure that I'm not changing things
underneath of Tcl on the fly, but to no avail.

I believe the issue is related to images that are being shown on-screen in a
Label widget.

I don't have specifics yet, just wondering if anyone knows of any
threading-specific shortfalls of Tkinter/Tcl that I should be wary of.

Thanks!

Kevin Cazabon.