[Image-SIG] trying it in osx...

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:41:09 +0100

On Wednesday, Dec 4, 2002, at 05:45 Europe/Amsterdam, derek prowse
wrote:

> Heyyyy!  Thanks!  Nice to see a positive response...
>

> The compiler goes a little bit further.. and then starts up with...
>
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
> "/usr/local/include"
> cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
> directory
> _imagingtk.c:20:16: tk.h: No such file or directory

This one is much more difficult to fix: it is trying to build
PIL/Tkinter support.
Getting Tkinter to work with Apple's /usr/bin/python is pretty much
impossible (unless
you want to install X11, and then install a fairly standard unix Tk on
that).

If you indeed need Tkinter support you should probably build Python
from scratch, and
do a framework build. Or grab a prebuilt framework-python installer
from somewhere.
See http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html for pointers to more info.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -