[Image-SIG] Machine generated documentation for rawmodes, text form

Edward C. Jones edcjones@erols.com
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 11:39:58 -0500

Machine Generated Documentation for the rawmodes (no guarentees)

Mode "1"
     rawmode "1", input bits per pixel 1
         bits (msb first, white is non-zero)
     rawmode "1;I", input bits per pixel 1
         White is 0 || bits (msb first, white is zero)
     rawmode "1;R", input bits per pixel 1
         Byte-reversed || bits (lsb first, white is non-zero)
     rawmode "1;IR", input bits per pixel 1
         White is 0 || Byte-reversed || bits (lsb first, white is zero)

Mode "L"
     rawmode "L;2", input bits per pixel 2
         2 bits, packed || nibbles
     rawmode "L;4", input bits per pixel 4
         4 bits, packed || nibbles
     rawmode "L", input bits per pixel 8
         Makes a copy || L, P
     rawmode "L;I", input bits per pixel 8
         White is 0 || negative
     rawmode "L;16", input bits per pixel 16
         16 bit pixels || int16 (upper byte, little endian)
     rawmode "L;16B", input bits per pixel 16
         16 bit pixels || int16 (upper byte, big endian)

Mode "P"
     rawmode "P;1", input bits per pixel 1
         Packed bits || bits
     rawmode "P;2", input bits per pixel 2
         2 bits, packed || bit pairs
     rawmode "P;2L", input bits per pixel 2
         2 bits, packed || bit layers
     rawmode "P;4", input bits per pixel 4
         4 bits, packed || nibbles
     rawmode "P;4L", input bits per pixel 4
         4 bits, packed || bit layers (trust the optimizer ;-)
     rawmode "P", input bits per pixel 8
         Makes a copy || L, P

Mode "RGB"
     rawmode "RGB", input bits per pixel 24
         Padding added || RGB triplets
     rawmode "RGB;L", input bits per pixel 24
         RGB, line interleaved
     rawmode "RGB;16B", input bits per pixel 48
         16 bit pixels || 16-bit RGB triplets, big-endian order
     rawmode "BGR", input bits per pixel 24
         RGB, reversed bytes
     rawmode "BGR;5", input bits per pixel 16
         5 bits, packed || RGB, reversed bytes, 5 bits per pixel
     rawmode "RGBX", input bits per pixel 32
         Makes a copy || RGBA, CMYK quadruples
     rawmode "RGBX;L", input bits per pixel 32
         RGBA, line interleaved
     rawmode "BGRX", input bits per pixel 32
         RGB, reversed bytes with padding
     rawmode "XRGB", input bits per pixel 24
         RGB, leading pad
     rawmode "XBGR", input bits per pixel 32
         RGB, reversed bytes, leading pad
     rawmode "YCC;P", input bits per pixel 24
         PhotoYCC triplets
     rawmode "R", input bits per pixel 8
         band 0 only
     rawmode "G", input bits per pixel 8
         band 1 only
     rawmode "B", input bits per pixel 8
         band 2 only

Mode "RGBA"
     rawmode "LA", input bits per pixel 16
         greyscale with alpha
     rawmode "LA;16B", input bits per pixel 32
         16 bit pixels || 16-bit greyscale with alpha, big-endian
     rawmode "RGBA", input bits per pixel 32
         Makes a copy || RGBA, CMYK quadruples
     rawmode "RGBA;I", input bits per pixel 32
         White is 0 || RGBA, inverted RGB bytes (FlashPix)
     rawmode "RGBA;L", input bits per pixel 32
         RGBA, line interleaved
     rawmode "RGBA;16B", input bits per pixel 64
         16 bit pixels || 16-bit RGBA, big-endian order
     rawmode "BGRA", input bits per pixel 32
         RGBA, reversed bytes
     rawmode "ARGB", input bits per pixel 32
         RGBA, leading pad
     rawmode "ABGR", input bits per pixel 32
         RGBA, reversed bytes
     rawmode "YCCA;P", input bits per pixel 32
         PhotoYCC triplets plus premultiplied alpha
     rawmode "R", input bits per pixel 8
         band 0 only
     rawmode "G", input bits per pixel 8
         band 1 only
     rawmode "B", input bits per pixel 8
         band 2 only
     rawmode "A", input bits per pixel 8
         band 3 only

Mode "RGBX"
[...]
     rawmode "X", input bits per pixel 8
         band 3 only

Mode "CMYK"
     rawmode "CMYK", input bits per pixel 32
         Makes a copy || RGBA, CMYK quadruples
     rawmode "CMYK;I", input bits per pixel 32
         White is 0 || CMYK, inverted bytes (Photoshop 2.5)
     rawmode "CMYK;L", input bits per pixel 32
         RGBA, line interleaved
     rawmode "C", input bits per pixel 8
         band 0 only
     rawmode "M", input bits per pixel 8
         band 1 only
     rawmode "Y", input bits per pixel 8
         band 2 only
     rawmode "K", input bits per pixel 8
         band 3 only
     rawmode "C;I", input bits per pixel 8
         White is 0 || band 0 only
     rawmode "M;I", input bits per pixel 8
         White is 0 || band 1 only
     rawmode "Y;I", input bits per pixel 8
         White is 0 || band 2 only
     rawmode "K;I", input bits per pixel 8
         White is 0 || band 3 only

Mode "YCbCr"
     rawmode "YCbCr", input bits per pixel 24
         Padding added || RGB triplets
     rawmode "YCbCr;L", input bits per pixel 24
         RGB, line interleaved
     rawmode "YCbCrX", input bits per pixel 32
         Makes a copy || RGBA, CMYK quadruples
     rawmode "YCbCrK", input bits per pixel 32
         Makes a copy || RGBA, CMYK quadruples

Mode "I"
     rawmode "I", input bits per pixel 32
         Makes a copy || RGBA, CMYK quadruples
     rawmode "I;8", input bits per pixel 8
         Just a C cast || UINT8 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;8S", input bits per pixel 8
         Little-endian || Input signed || Just a C cast || INT8 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;16", input bits per pixel 16
         Little-endian || Just a C cast || 16 bit pixels || UINT16 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;16S", input bits per pixel 16
         Little-endian || Input signed || Just a C cast || 16 bit pixels
           || INT16 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;16B", input bits per pixel 16
         Big-endian || Just a C cast || 16 bit pixels || UINT16 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;16BS", input bits per pixel 16
         Big-endian || Input signed || Just a C cast || 16 bit pixels
           || INT16 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;16N", input bits per pixel 16
         Native byte order || Just a C cast || 16 bit pixels
           || UINT16 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;16NS", input bits per pixel 16
         Native byte order || Input signed || Just a C cast
           || 16 bit pixels || INT16 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;32", input bits per pixel 32
         Little-endian || Just a C cast || UINT32 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;32S", input bits per pixel 32
         Little-endian || Input signed || Just a C cast
           || INT32 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;32B", input bits per pixel 32
         Big-endian || Just a C cast || UINT32 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;32BS", input bits per pixel 32
         Big-endian || Input signed || Just a C cast || INT32 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;32N", input bits per pixel 32
         Native byte order || Just a C cast || UINT32 --> INT32
     rawmode "I;32NS", input bits per pixel 32
         Native byte order || Input signed || Just a C cast
          || INT32 --> INT32

Mode "F"
     rawmode "F", input bits per pixel 32
         Makes a copy || RGBA, CMYK quadruples
     rawmode "F;8", input bits per pixel 8
         Just a C cast || UINT8 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;8S", input bits per pixel 8
         Little-endian || Input signed || Just a C cast
           || INT8 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;16", input bits per pixel 16
         Little-endian || Just a C cast || 16 bit pixels
           || UINT16 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;16S", input bits per pixel 16
         Little-endian || Input signed || Just a C cast || 16 bit pixels
           || INT16 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;16B", input bits per pixel 16
         Big-endian || Just a C cast || 16 bit pixels
           || UINT16 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;16BS", input bits per pixel 16
         Big-endian || Input signed || Just a C cast || 16 bit pixels
           || INT16 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;16N", input bits per pixel 16
         Native byte order || Just a C cast || 16 bit pixels
           || UINT16 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;16NS", input bits per pixel 16
         Native byte order || Input signed || Just a C cast
           || 16 bit pixels || INT16 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;32", input bits per pixel 32
         Little-endian || Just a C cast || UINT32 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;32S", input bits per pixel 32
         Little-endian || Input signed || Just a C cast
           || INT32 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;32B", input bits per pixel 32
         Big-endian || Just a C cast || UINT32 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;32BS", input bits per pixel 32
         Big-endian || Input signed || Just a C cast || INT32 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;32N", input bits per pixel 32
         Native byte order || Just a C cast || UINT32 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;32NS", input bits per pixel 32
         Native byte order || Input signed || Just a C cast
           || INT32 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;32F", input bits per pixel 32
         Little-endian || Just a C cast || FLOAT32 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;32BF", input bits per pixel 32
         Big-endian || Just a C cast || FLOAT32 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;32NF", input bits per pixel 32
         Native byte order || Just a C cast || FLOAT32 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;64F", input bits per pixel 64
         Little-endian || Just a C cast || FLOAT64 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;64BF", input bits per pixel 64
         Big-endian || Just a C cast || FLOAT64 --> FLOAT32
     rawmode "F;64NF", input bits per pixel 64
         Native byte order || Just a C cast || FLOAT64 --> FLOAT32