[Image-SIG] pyCMS: true ICC Color Management for PIL available!

Kevin@Cazabon.com kevin@cazabon.com
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 00:34:54 -0700

Hey everyone;

I've just posted a new module for PIL that allows you to do easy ICC color
management for PIL Images.  I've called it pyCMS, and it uses the littleCMS
library underneath.  They're both licensed under the LGPL, and are
cross-platform compatible (I've only built it on Windows myself so far).

It's pretty simple to use... as simple as:

#################
import Image
import pyCMS

im = Image.open("myimage.jpg")

imOut = pyCMS.profileToProfile(im, "c:\\temp\\sRGB.icm",
"c:\\temp\\SWOP.icm", outputMode = "CMYK")
# there's optional parameters for rendering intent, etc too

imOut.save("myNewImage.jpg")

#################

It's not "complete" yet, there's still a lot I want to add, but it works
well for most cases already, and there's good documentation.  The downloads
include a pre-built windows binary (Python 2.2) and full source code.

Try it out, let me know what you think.  Any contributions, fixes,
improvements, and suggestions are VERY welcome!  I'm not an amazing C
programmer, and take assistance whereever I can get it!  q:]  I expect to
update and improve this library over the next few months, but your feedback
is vital in that process, thanks!

pyCMS web page:  http://www.cazabon.com/pyCMS

ALSO: if you build this for other platforms or other Python / PIL versions,
please send me binaries so I can post them.

(Thanks to Fred for some good help to get this started!)

Kevin Cazabon