[Image-SIG] Where are PIL font glyph files?

clee@spiralis.merseine.nu clee@spiralis.merseine.nu
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 10:17:27 -0500

    Michael> I can't get PIL (or PIL via piddle) to draw text. It
    Michael> gives 'bad font' or 'can't load font' errors.  The
    Michael> problem seems to be that it can't find a glyph (.png .gif
    Michael> .pbm) file. It reads the rest of the font info OK. Where
    Michael> do I find these files, or is there something wrong??

Piddle stores the font files in piddle/pilfonts.  In older versions
these had the extensions .pbm in newer versions these are (properly)
labelled with the .png extension.  The piddlePIL backend module should
find them correctly.  Which version of piddle are you using?

-chris