[Image-SIG] PIL bug found: "The _imaging C module is not installed"

David Ohlemacher ohlemacher@bbn.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:35:43 -0400

Fredrick,

Why, when I type "import _imaging", do I get:

 >>> import  _imaging
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
 >>> import  _imaging
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
 >>> import  _imaging
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?

This error message then pops up:
python.exe - Unable to locate DLL
The dll python21.dll could not be found in the specified path.

I do not have a python21.dll.  I do have a c:\winnt\sytem32\python22.dll
however!

I copied python22.dll to python21.dll. The result:
 >>> import  _imaging
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: Module use of python21.dll conflicts with this version of Python.

Is this the problem I am having?  I tried this because imaging.py imports
this module and fails generating the exception that prints "The _imaging C
module is not installed".

-d