[Image-SIG] newbe question on setting sys path

John Boik john.boik@ompress.com
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 22:53:48 -0500

Hi:
I use a windows system and am having some problems changing my PYTHONPATH
variable.  The material on the web and in books assumes more than I know.
Step by step, can you tell me how to do it?  I should say that I have
successfully changed it using the DOS prompt and a "set PYTHONPATH=..."
statement, but it does not have a permenant effect.  When I close the DOS
prompt and open IDLE, it lists the old version of the path variable.  How do
you permenantly change it?  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
John

PS:  I am not a member of this list, so if you could cc this e-mail address
I would appreciate it.  Thanks much.

John Boik
Oregon Medical Press
www.ompress.com