[Fwd: [Image-SIG] Eros e soldi:guadagna con internet 0,08 euro a clic]

Georg Mischler schorsch@schorsch.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 09:08:42 -0400 (EDT)

William Baxter wrote:

> Dear Image-SIG,
>
> I am really tired of getting junk mail from Image-SIG, from advertisers,
> people asking to invest in diamonds, or who want to deposit offshore
> funds into a US bank account, or the pornographic web site below. Good
> thing no one at my work reads italian.
>
> It a shame that I am going to unsubscribe from Image-SIG, because it's
> been a source of much useful information.
>
> Is there a way you can filter out the spam?

I suspect the list is currently configured so that everybody
can post to it (in contrast to members only). Requiring
registration for posters is one of the most effective
measures against spam on a mailing list.

There also seem to be some spam filters already in place,
but it's evident that those are completely useless.

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/