[Image-SIG] SPAM/Filters not useless (Seriously OT)

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Fri, 24 May 2002 20:44:55 +0200

By combining two basic principles you can get rid of virtually all spam:

1. Only subscribers can post (this removes 99% of the spam)
2. Not allowing posts from hosts blocked by SPEWS (this takes away 90% if
the rest).

As far as I know, number 1 has no real drawbacks (except that I have to
remember which adress I subscribed to when posting), and number 2 has one
significant benefit: People that have ISPs that allow spammers on their
systems can't post, thereby providing an incentive to the ISP to kick out
the spammers.

Some people see this last part as a drawback. I do not understand their
point.

Thats all I have to say about it.