[Image-SIG] PIL palettes question..

Thomi Richards thomi@thomi.imail.net.nz
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:12:18 +1300

Hey there..

I'm new to this list, but i hope yo can help me with a small problem i
am having:

I have a picture, which is a 256 color bitmap, I have opened it with
PIL, and it shows up as being type "P". So, i can do things like:

>>>print im.palette.data

and i get a whole screen of wierd things...

what i want to do, is to apply that palette to another bitmap picture i
have, which is a normal, true color bitmap. obviously, some of the
colors will have to go, but I'm hoping that there is some sort of error
correction??

Thanks for reading :-)

--
DOS: n., A small annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous
system