[Image-SIG] More on QuickBird Tiffs

Joel Lawhead jlawhead@nvisionsolutions.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:03:09 -0600

Here's the output from tiffinfo on the QuickBird GeoTiff I'm trying to
work with in PIL. Does anyone see anything that would stump PIL? I've
tried opening the image using PIL 1.1.2 through 1.1.4a1. I currently
have 1.1.4a1 installed on a Windows 2000 Pro machine with Python 2.2.
Everything seems to work fine but these GeoTiffs from Digital Globe.  I
think the planar configuration may not be typical. Does PIL support
separate plane tiffs?

TIFF Directory at offset 0x8000018
  Image Width: 4096 Image Length: 4096
  Bits/Sample: 16
  Sample Format: unsigned integer
  Compression Scheme: None
  Photometric Interpretation: RGB color
  Extra Samples: 1<unspecified>
  Date & Time: "2002:04:18 17:49:41"
  Copyright: "(C) COPYRIGHT 2002 EarthWatch Incorporated, Longmont CO
USA 80501-6700"
  Image Description: "{\n  bandList = \n  [\n    1;\n    2;\n    3;\n
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 4
  Rows/Strip: 128
  Planar Configuration: separate image planes

Thanks,
Joel