[Image-SIG] PIL and Sane

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:16:30 +0200

Hi all,

could anybody successfully use the Sane module from recent PIL versions?
I tried both the one from PIL 1.1 and 1.1.3 -- but with both versions
every call of SaneDev_snap fails with a segfault.

Looking into the source files, two details puzzle me especially:

1. SaneDev_snap does not return any object; the function even does not
allocate a PIL Image object.
2. While SaneDev_snap from PIL 1.1 at least calls sane_get_parameters
(but does not use the data returned by this Sane function in any way),
the version of this function in PIL 1.1.3 even does not call
sane_get_parameters.

How is all this supposed to work? Or am I missing something?

Abel