[Image-SIG] PIL and JPEG decoder issues resolved once and for all

majid@enoor.com majid@enoor.com
Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:03:14 GMT

after a long and frustrating process I have finally fixed the problem with
PIL not finding the jpeg decoder.  I know that others have this problem as
well at times so I will describe how I got it to work on Rh8.0 and Python
2.2.2
in libImaging directory edit the ImConfig.h header file.
change undef HAVE_LIBJPEG to #define HAVE_LIBJPEG and uncomment
./configure --with-jpeg=/usr/local/lib
make
cd ..
make -f Makefile.pre.in boot
make
ldconfig
now test...
python
import Image
import _imaging
ok that works now test from command line
python Minitest/test.py
that should work too....FINALLY
cp *.so /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/PIL
cp PIL/* /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/PIL

DONT FORGET ldconfig :)

Thats it..

peace