[Image-SIG] Re: compiling _imaging.pyd on win32

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:02:53 +0100

Markus von Ehr wrote:

> The delivered Makefile.win only builds the .lib and not the dll.
> I opened a new win32 dll project with vc5.0, but when linking it
> claims that there are double definitions (_getenv, _free, _calloc,
> _malloc,_sprintf,_fprintf, _exit)
>
> LINK : warning LNK4098: Standardbibliothek "MSVCRTD" steht in Konflikt
> mit anderen Bibliotheken; /NODEFAULT:Bibliothek verwenden
> LINK : warning LNK4098: Standardbibliothek "MSVCRT" steht in Konflikt
> mit anderen Bibliotheken; /NODEFAULT:Bibliothek verwenden

looks like you're linking the _imaging DLL with the wrong linking
options; you must use the same "/M<something>" option for both
libraries (usually /MD).

> Anybody has a makefile for use with nmake building the dll or the
> vc5.0 project? It seems to me that several people have done it
> succesfully.

as of 1.1.3,

    > python setup.py build

should do the trick (assuming you've built the libImaging library).

</F>