[Image-SIG] bug building _imagingtk.so on Irix

Alexandre Gillet gillet@scripps.edu
Mon, 12 May 2003 10:06:45 -0700

Hi,

I build _imagigntk.so on Irix 6.5 but when I import the module I get the
following error:
Python 2.3b1 (#2, Apr 28 2003, 16:32:12) [C] on irix646
 >>> import _imagingtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: 855209:python2.3: rld: Fatal Error: unresolvable symbol in
./_imagingtk.so: jpeg_resync_to_restart

My module is not link to any of jpeg or zlib library.The setup.py don't
do it.I did not have any problem building libImaging. I have libjpeg and
libz install.

I did relink _imagingtk.so with libjpeg and libz and I do not have the
problem anymore.

Is it a bug in the setup.py that you do not link _imagingtk with jpeg or
zlib? It is done for building _imaging.so!

Thanks
--
   o Alexandre Gillet               email: gillet@scripps.edu
  /  The Scripps Research Institute,