[Image-SIG] Using PIL to display resized images over the web

Steven M. Castellotti SteveC at innocent.com
Wed Oct 8 18:49:38 EDT 2003

Hey all--

	I have a simple photo website written in python. I would like to be
able to use Python Imaging Library to read an image file from the disk,
resize/thumbnail it in memory, and then print the modified image
(sending it to the client web browser after the proper MIME headings).

	Currently, I have only managed to do this via Image.save() to a
temporary file and then sending that, but of course that is somewhat
inefficient. Surely there's an easier way to do this, perhaps via file

-Steve Castellotti
 SteveC (at) Innocent.com