[Image-SIG] Installing PIL 1.1.4 Error on make

Bjoern Platzen bplatzen at sosnetz.de
Thu Oct 16 16:37:54 EDT 2003

Hi Aaron,

rpm -qi gcc gives the following:
# rpm -qi gcc
Name        : gcc                          Relocations: (not
relocateable)
Version     : 2.95.3                            Vendor: SuSE AG,
Nuernberg, Germany
Release     : 216                           Build Date: Sam 23 Mär 2002
18:48:46 CET
Install date: Die 27 Aug 2002 10:18:24 CEST      Build Host:
Macintyre.suse.de
Group       : Development/Languages/C and C++   Source RPM:
gcc-2.95.3-216.src.rpm
Size        : 3278824                          License: GPL
Packager    : feedback at suse.de
Summary     : The GNU C compiler and support files
Description :
NOTE: Be sure to install at least the following packages besides this
one, or you won't be able to compile:  binutils and glibc-devel.

Compiled with support for g77 and pascal.

Authors:
--------
[...]

SuSE series: d

Now I've downloaded gcc 3.3.1 and I'm going to compile it tomorrow. If I
understood right, that one supports ANSI C.
I let you know if that helped.

Bye and thanks,

Bjoern.

--