[Image-SIG] Question on TIFF EXTRASAMPLES tag support

Tom Bridgman bridgman at wyeth.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 10 17:30:49 EDT 2003

Tom Bridgman wrote:
> significant difference, couldn't support for this format be installed by
> just adding:
>     (2, 1, (8,8,8,8), (1,)): ("RGBA", "RGBA"),
> to the OPEN_INFO list in TiffImagePlugin.py?

I tried this and it *seems* to do what I want.  However, is it a bug-fix
or a hack?  I'd like to not worry about this patch in the next release
but it also needs to be done in the proper way.

Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman           Scientific Visualization Studio
Global Science & Technology, Inc.      NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Email: bridgman at wyeth.gsfc.nasa.gov    Code 935
Phone: 301-286-1346                    Greenbelt, MD 20771
FAX:   TBD                             http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/