[Image-SIG] Does PIL not handle TIFFs created on Mac OS X?

Tom Bridgman bridgman at wyeth.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 17 08:19:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

My installation reads this file under OS X, but I have a slight patch
which I describe in my post last week for handling TIFFs with
Extrasamples=1.

> > significant difference, couldn't support for this format be installed by
> > just adding:
> >
> >     (2, 1, (8,8,8,8), (1,)): ("RGBA", "RGBA"),
> >
> > to the OPEN_INFO list in TiffImagePlugin.py?

Perhaps you need to update SAVE_INFO as well.

I'm not sure if this is the RIGHT way to do it, but it seems to read the
file okay.

Was this generated by RenderMan?

Tom

--
Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman           Scientific Visualization Studio
Global Science & Technology, Inc.      NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center