[Image-SIG] [Zope] PIL and TIFF problem

Chris Cogdon chris at cogdon.org
Thu Sep 18 17:58:23 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Sep 18, 2003, at 14:18 US/Pacific, Borja Prieto wrote:

> I have installed Easy Image and PIL 1.1.4 on my Zope 2.6.1 with Python
> 2.1.3
> on Windows XP.
> It works well with jpg and other formats, but when I try to upload a
> TIFF
> image (wich is precisely what I want) it gives me the error:
>
> IOError "decoder tiff_ccitt not available"
>
> I have followed the guide on Zope.org
> (http://www.zope.org/Members/SmileyChris/howto/pil_for_windows) to
> install
> PIL, and I have no idea what can I be doing wrong. I will appreciate
> any
> help you could give.

PIL doesn't support ccitt (group 3 or 4) decompression. Although it
should not be that hard to write your own decoder and attach it into
the PIL system. Group 3 (at least) encoding is fairly simple... I've
done it previously with non-PIL applications.

--
    ("`-/")_.-'"``-._        Chris Cogdon <chris at cogdon.org>