[Image-SIG] Error compiling PIL

cthrax at zithora.com cthrax at zithora.com
Tue Aug 10 00:09:27 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem compiling PIL.  I think that it is a problem with
another program I have, but I am still learning Linux so I could be wrong.

Anyway, the error that I am getting is as follows:

  In file included from _imagingft.c:18:
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:20:2: #error "`ft2build.h'
hasn't been included yet!"
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:21:2: #error "Please always use
macros to include FreeType header files."
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:22:2: #error "Example:"
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:23:2: #error "  #include
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:24:2: #error "  #include

I have tried the alternate compile method with a similar lack of success.
I'm not sure what more information you need, so if you have any
suggestions or need more information please let me know.