[Image-SIG] Request for help in converting image segment to text

wasim ahmed wase_ahmed at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 03:56:34 EDT 2004

Hello sir.
    i am a student doing a project on image
processing.

    we found ur solution to convert an image into
numarray while browsing ... we are stuck with a
smillar problem we appereciate ur help if you can help
us solving our problmen...
  our problem is something like this. we have a jpeg
file which contains photograph of the person and his
name written below(ie., in the same .jpeg file) . we
need to extract the name from the .jpeg file as a
string and put that in a database .
please do reply as early as posible, even if u dont
know, please help us by suggesting some book or web
address or any other way.
thanking you
 wasim ahmed.