[Image-SIG] Problem with PIL installer

Krzysztof Rogowsk krogowsk at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 02:01:22 CEST 2004

Hi,
   I have installed Python 2.2.2 on a WinXP system
(unfortunately I am forced to use this install) and
now I'm trying to install PIL.  The problem is that
the PIL install get's stuck on the second screen where
it's asking to "Select a python installation to use".
Both the text boxes on that screen are empty as not
installation is detected and I can't manually specify
the install path.  I have installed PyOpenGL 2.0.0.44
and the second screen that looks exactly like this one
seems to find a installation in the registry.  Do you
have any suggestions?

I looked at the contents of the installation and
noticed that all it seems to contain are a number of
*.py files, would adding those files manually work?
Could you send me those files?

Should I add some registry entry?

in case this will help, here is where I downloaded
Pychon:
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.2.2/Python-2.2.2.exe

and PIL:
http://effbot.org/downloads/PIL-1.1.3.win32-py2.1.exe