[Image-SIG] Installation Guide

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Apr 9 16:19:52 CEST 2005

Online Support wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm in critical need to install Python Imaging Library on my
> linux/cpanel server. I'm not very experienced and I almost always have
> to use instalation guides. I have downloaded the software, unzipped it,
> and now I think I just need to install it somehow. Are there files that
> need to be modified first? I think there is a file called setup.py but
> I'm not sure how I can run that file.
> I would really appreciate your reply, or if you could point me to an
> installation giude online for PIL
> Best Regards,
> - Kevin
By "unzipped" I presume you mean "untarred the .tgz file"? Just make
sure your text files will have Linux line endings not windows (just in
case: sorry of this seems obvious).

There should be a README file int eh top-level directory. Look for the
section that starts

Build instructions (all platforms)

Or have you seen this and need more?

Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/