[Image-SIG] Tif Images

Gary Lehan gary at instate.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 11:14:22 CET 2005

Hello,

    I am currently trying to create PDF files using TIF or JPG files for my
input. I have written a routine

that creates the PDF file correctly using PIL to retrieve my images. If I
run the py2exe to create my

exe file and run the program I get an error as follows

ERROR: test (__main__.CITLPDF)

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "pdfgen.py", line 51, in test

  File "Image.pyc", line 1745, in open

IOError: cannot identify image file

Ran 1 test in 0.000s

FAILED (errors=1)

I have added my pdfgen.py file for you to look at

I have a folder in my Python24 folder named Instate

To run my file from IDLE

C:\Python24\Instate\pdfgen.py

Create folders

C:\Python24\Input

C:\Python24\Output

Create a text file in the input folder with "1" entered as the text

Name this file Pages.dat

Copy a JPG file to the input folder and name it Page1.jpg

The Pages.dat file is simply their to get the number of pages

The script reads this file then opens each page in turn and adds

The jpg to the PDF canvas

Please can you tell me why this works in the IDLE but not in runtime

Thank You

Gary Lehan

Software Development Manager

(Microsoft Sales Expert)