[Image-SIG] Problems with TIFFs from Corel Draw?

kevin at cazabon.com kevin at cazabon.com
Mon Jan 10 23:35:26 CET 2005

Has anyone had problems opening TIFF images from Corel Draw (version 10 at
least, if not others) using PIL?  A user of one of my programs is having
issues, and the test image results in the following error when you try to
Image.open(file):

IOError:  cannot identify image file

The magic number looks ok, Photoshop opens it ok, but PIL doesn't like it.

I've posted a copy of the sample file that has problems at:
http://www.cazabon.com/images/testCorel.tif

Any suggestions would be welcome, otherwise I'll have to dig into the TIFF
image plugin... I'd rather not go there if it's a problem anyone else has
seen before.

Thanks
Kevin.