[Image-SIG] Re: Installation help wanted

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Wed Jan 12 20:59:13 CET 2005

In article <rowen-FF46E4.10532112012005 at sea.gmane.org>,
 "Russell E. Owen" <rowen at cesmail.net> wrote:

> I'm running into trouble with a linux install of PIL.
>
> My setup:
> - libjpeg and libz are in /usr/lib
> - the python and tcl/tk I want to use are on /net/python, a
> network-shared volume. Python 2.3.4 is /net/python/bin/python and was
> built with tcl/tk 8.4.6 which are in /net/python/lib,
> /net/python/include etc.
>
> I modify my environment as follows:
> setenv PATH "/net/python/bin/:"$PATH
> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/net/python/lib"
> setenv TCLLIBPATH "/net/tcllib"

...found a simple solution, after reading an entry in the README for a
different platform and modifying it for my situation (including making
it tcsh compatible). Defining these additional variables made the simple
default build work correctly:
setenv LDFLAGS "-L/net/python/lib"
setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/net/python/lib"

-- Russell