[Image-SIG] Re: Problems with TIFFs from Corel Draw?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Jan 17 22:12:54 CET 2005

I wrote:

>> The magic number looks ok, Photoshop opens it ok, but PIL doesn't like it.
>> I've posted a copy of the sample file that has problems at:
>> http://www.cazabon.com/images/testCorel.tif
> the file is said to have 999 extra layers, which is a bit more than PIL
> can handle...

my mistake: (999,) means the extra layer has the type code 999, which
doesn't seem to be defined in the TIFF specification.

google brings up:

    "Obviously an error. Extra samples should be 1 if photometric=RGB and
    bps has 4 entries."

    which includes a fix for libtiff, which could probably be adapted for PIL