[Image-SIG] Something other than .show()

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris gwidion at mpc.com.br
Sun Jul 3 03:48:13 CEST 2005

On Friday 01 July 2005 23:38, Joseph Quigley wrote:
> What else can I use besides .show() to display the image? I don't
> mind xv but on Windows it takes forever to load the picture. Is
> there an alternative? I found the PIL handbook but I can't find
> anything other than .show()
> Thanks,
>  Joe

Hi!
PIL cannot do it by itself.

However, Tkitner is largely distributed with Python - and is instaled
by default in python for windows.

So it is reasonably safe to create a Tkinter instance to display the
image - even if your program uses another toolkit, the load should be
less then xv.

This was something I was wanting as well, so I crafted a small
function which loads the needed modules and displays a new image. It
can also work as a standallone lightweight "xv".

Enjoy!!

	JS
	-><-