[Image-SIG] Help Experimental (palette)

Oliver Albrecht 550283447739-0001 at t-online.de
Tue Jun 7 00:35:05 CEST 2005

Hello again,

I love PIL and would like support this.(,no matter whether it is
commercial) Sorry if my last messages was bad.

I've experimented with palette.save/load options and i extended the
palette.save/load functions.
It is not important, but it can be attained without large expenditure.
The Gimp and PaintShopP palette files are very similar.
I mean can bring in it in the next version!?
# add some psuedocolour palettes as well
( successfully tested with Gimp2.2 and PSP9.0) example:

def save(self, fp , art="GIMP"):
     # (experimental) save palette to text file
     des=""
     if self.rawmode:
         raise ValueError("palette contains raw palette data")
     if type(fp) == type(""):
         if art and art[:4] == "GIMP":
             fp = open(fp, "wb")
             fp.write("%s\n# Mode: %s\n" % ("GIMP Palette",self.mode))
             des='"    %i" % i'  ##FIXME color description
         elif art[:4] == "JASC":
             fp = open(fp, "w")
             fp.write("JASC-PAL\n0100\n256\n")
         else:
             raise ValueError, "wrong palette type"
     for i in range(256):
         fp.write("%d %d %d" % (self.palette[i] ,self.palette[i+256],
self.palette[i+512]))
         fp.write("%s\n" % eval(des))
     fp.close()

And again a big Question:
How i can load the palette from FLI/FLC files, or is it experimental
and/or not yet supported? The palette of each band is only gray.

Sorry if my english is to bad.

I've attached the sample Modul JascPaletteFile

--
<!O>input<?/>