[Image-SIG] Converting CMYK JPG image to RGB

marc birot mbirot at u-prod.com
Fri Jun 17 15:01:10 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying  to convert CMYK Jpg  files to RGB Jpg  files using
(Image.open("cmyk_image.jpg").convert("RGB"))...
The result shows very wrong colours.

After checking the Image-SIG archives (Aug 2004) i found the following :

"...Older versions of Photoshop generated broken CMYK files, and PIL
attempts to compensate for this. try commenting out the following lines
in PIL/JpegImagePlugin.py, and let me know if it helps:
if self.mode == "CMYK" and self.info.has_key("adobe"):
    rawmode = "CMYK;I" # Photoshop 2.5 is broken! ..."

Well, i tried and it does not work. The result i get is close to a
'negative' of the original picture ( not too close).

Any suggestion to help on this problem ?  :)

Marc