[Image-SIG] PIL 1.1.5 - Loss of resolution

Tim Ake tim at timake.com
Mon Jun 27 23:31:56 CEST 2005

Hi,
I am using PIL 1.1.5 with Python 2.4, and am seeing a loss of resolution
when dealing with images. I open an image that is 200 dpi, do a rotate, and
save the rotated image. What I'm seeing is that the rotated image is saved
at the same size, but is at 100 dpi instead of 200 dpi. My code frament is
as follows:

    # open the tif file image
    im = Image.open(strFile)
    # rotate the image 90 degrees CCW
    om = im.rotate(90)
    # save the image as a.tif
    om.save("a.tif", "TIFF")    #save the rotated file

I can't afford a loss of resolution - any thoughts on maintaining my
original resolution?

Thanks!

Tim Ake
335 Old Hickory Rd.