[Image-SIG] Cygwin font rendering problems

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Mar 9 03:30:28 CET 2005

Is anyone else running PIL under Cygwin? I've been doing so with great
satisfaction for quite a while, but suddenly it seems that I've done
something (sigh, again) to the font rendering.

I suspect this is a local installation fault given that everything
worked so well for so long, and that the 1.1.5c1 release works perfectly
under Windows.

Now in Cygwin fonts opened using ImageFont.truetype() don't render - I
just get the background. Both 1.1.5b2 and 1.1.5c1 exhibit the same
behavior, but I'm pretty sure that 1.1.5b2 was working a few days ago.
No errors reported by selftest.py, and the build summary says everything
looks good.

Anyone got any ideas what I may have done wrong?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/