[Image-SIG] Error when trying to open a .ps file

Ertl, John john.ertl at fnmoc.navy.mil
Fri May 27 22:48:52 CEST 2005

I am trying to open a .ps file and then eventually convert it to a .png but
I cannot even open it.   If I use a postscript viewer I can view the image
so I think the image is O.K.  I am using Python 2.4 on RH ES 3.0 and PIL
1.1.5.  I have been doing some work with other formats it has been great so
I think PIL is installed correctly but I have just had no luck with .ps

Any ideas?

>>> im = Image.open("test.ps")

Traceback (most recent call last):
    im = Image.open("test.ps")
line 1730, in open
    return factory(fp, filename)
, line 82, in __init__
n.py", line 277, in _open
    raise IOError, "cannot determine EPS bounding box"
IOError: cannot determine EPS bounding box

John C. Ertl
Fleet Numerical Meteorology & Oceanography Center
7 Grace Hopper Ave
Monterey, CA 93943
phone: (831) 656-5704
fax:   (831) 656-4363