[Image-SIG] vector graphics Q

Dmitry (Dima) Strakovsky dima at shiftingplanes.org
Sun Oct 16 01:40:16 CEST 2005

hi all,

My question is perhaps related to Fredrik earlier post. I read API doc
(understood about 30%)

I am basically looking for a way to manupulate vector graphics in
Python. So far I have been reading up on SVG and looking at the output
from Illustrator and Inkscape (Adobe seems to throw a whole bunch of
proprietary stuff into the files, surprise?not) The images for this
particular project are going to be generated in Illustrator (the program
I am most familiar with) and probably cleaned up with another utility
(possibly python script), after which I was going to do a fair amount of
manipulation (hopefully python script) and the final output goes to the
printer (rastered.)

Fredrick does your lib work with SVG?
Is there a library out there that is particularly nice (has
resize,rotate,copy,paste type functions)for working with SVGs?
Am I married to SVG for absolutely no reason?

As I stated in an earlier post I am new to both Python and PIL (and a
fairly crapy (read not a professional) programmer on top of that :) so
links to source code snippets are much appreciated :)  <-- and  NO there
will not be any write-this-whole-program-for-me type follow up questions!

                                                                thnx in
advance,

                           dima