[Image-SIG] Undocumented floating-point TIF support in PIL?

W.T. Bridgman William.T.Bridgman.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 24 17:30:50 CEST 2005

The PIL documentation claims that TIFF files are supported for "1",
"L", "RGB", or "CMYK" data.

I was examining the Tiff plug-in and did not find anything that
suggested "F" was unsupported so I tried writing and reading a simple
floating-point TIFF.  It worked.

Is this just a missing entry in the docs or does anyone know of
potential gotchas should I start using this new found capability?

Thanks,
Tom
--
Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman               Scientific Visualization
Studio