[Image-SIG] Read EPS (bitmap and vector), TIFF and PSD on windows

Stefano Masini stefano at pragma2000.com
Thu Sep 1 16:15:01 CEST 2005

On 9/1/05, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> have you tried installing PIL and doing
>
> import Image
> Image.open('foo.eps').save('preview.jpeg')

yeehh... I've tried it... spent some time on it today, but not
successfully... :(

Of course, I probably stressed the poor ghostscript right away by
feeding it with the worst eps file I had around, but it looked like it
didn't wanna swallow it.
Then I looked at the implementation of PIL's ghostscript plugin, and
it seemed remarkably short comparing to the boatload of command line
parameters that gs has.
So I had the feeling that PIL isn't quite enough robust for my needs.