[Image-SIG] Auto level with PIL?

Stefano Masini stefano at pragma2000.com
Wed Sep 7 22:10:14 CEST 2005

In this code all_same defaults to 0. The author says:
"I find the BEST way to color/density correct an image is to first set
the black/white point for each of the channels individually, so that
you use the entire available dynamic range."
While this is true, I must point out that you risk skewing the hue for
very dark colors and very bright ones. I think setting all_same to 1
would be a more color conservative option.

cheers,
-stefano