[Image-SIG] [ANN] FreeImagePy 1.0.0

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Fri Sep 16 19:03:55 CEST 2005

Bob Klimek wrote:
> Michele Petrazzo wrote:
>
> This fixed that error. But there is another one. Here is a traceback.

<-cut traceback->

> FreeImagePy_LibraryNotFound: 'I cannot find the library at
> H:\\Python24\\Lib\\site-packages\\FreeImagePy\\FreeImage.dll. Did you
>  pass me a vaid path?'
>>>>

> I searched my drive for "FreeImage.dll" and found it in:
>
> H:\Python24\Python23\Lib\site-packages\FreeImagePy
>
> I didn't notice this before but apparently the installation of
> FreeImagePy created a Python23 with its own Lib and site-packages
> folders, etc., and that's where it put the dll file. I copied the dll
>  file into: H:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\FreeImagePy and now the two
>  lines (above) seem to work ok without error.
>
> BTW, Also the image 'freeimage.jpg' is located in:
>
> H:\Python24\Python23\Lib\site-packages\FreeImagePy\test

You had found two problems:
- I have to create two different exe files, one for python versions
- I don't know why, but exe package pass to the setup application an
"invalid" path, that is not the same passed to the source setup!

(c:\python23\python23 for the .exe and c:\python23 for the source)

I'll investigate and create the new packages.

> Now that I got it to work I'll test reading in some images including
> a 48-bit image and let you know if it works.

Yes, I'll wait for the response.

> Bob

Thanks,
Michele