[Image-SIG] problems compiling pil

michael gross mich at anorg.net
Sat Apr 1 13:43:39 CEST 2006

hallo

I have compiled pil with the mingw32 compiler with the fallowing commands
setup.py build --compiler=mingw32
setup.py install --skip build

it all seemd to work ok but if I try to save an image I get the fallowing
error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\mich23\Desktop\python_test_code\test.py", line 4, in
-toplevel-
    im.save("testr.bmp")
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\PIL\Image.py", line 1305, in save
    save_handler(self, fp, filename)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\PIL\BmpImagePlugin.py", line 236, in
_save
    ImageFile._save(im, fp, [("raw", (0,0)+im.size, 0, (rawmode, stride,
-1))])
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\PIL\ImageFile.py", line 489, in _save
    s = e.encode_to_file(fh, bufsize)
IOError: (0, 'Error')

does anyone have an idea why this happens.
I have not installed the jpeg decoder. is this the reason for this error?
I get the same error when I try to use the im.show methode.

thank you for any help

best michael