[Image-SIG] not finding libraries

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Wed Aug 2 05:31:20 CEST 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 10:12, David Bear wrote:
> PIL 1.1.5 BUILD SUMMARY
> version       1.1.5
> platform      linux2 2.4.2 (#5, Aug  1 2006, 17:25:34)
>               [GCC 3.3.5 20050117 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)]
> *** TKINTER support not available

I don't think it is relevant to your problem, but if you do want
tkinter support, install the tk-devel RPM.

> is it that 'lena.jpg' is not found, ir is a decoder elsewhere not
> found?

It looks like it is the decoder that is not found.  I just tried the
'build' and 'selftest.py' steps on an FC5 machine and all the tests
passed.  My only guess is that you have a _imag*.so  around from an
earlier attempt when you didn't have the JPEG encoder.

Jim

P.S.  Fedora Core 5 even packages PIL as python-imaging.  I don't
suppose your distribution does as well?

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/