[Image-SIG] tricky setup for multiple pythons

Chris Cogdon chris at cogdon.org
Wed Aug 9 19:15:15 CEST 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 10:12, David Bear wrote:

> thanks. I assumed the rpm for PIL would have looked for devel packages
> -- but it looks like it was all precompiled.

PIL itself doesn't know about RPMs, it only looks for the include files
which the "-devel" packages install for you.

It might be that the RPMs for other packages would look for the -devel
packages before even starting, but that would mean you would not be
able to create a "lightweight" PIL without installing a bunch of
unnecessary stuff (or telling the RPM build process to ignore the
missing "-devel" packages).

--
    ("`-/")_.-'"``-._        Chris Cogdon <chris at cogdon.org>