[Image-SIG] Aggdraw for PIL under Python 2.5 on WinXP?

Dick Zantow rzantow at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 05:34:18 CET 2006

I've been dawdling about moving to Python 2.5 because various modules
I use haven't been available on Windows for people, like me, who have
no usable compiler. I've finally decided to bite the bullet, now that
most things I want to see are available, but while PIL has a WinXP
binary available for 2.5, the aggdraw module doesn't. I have been
using aggdraw under 2.4 and I would like to continue to use it.

I did try a .dll that another Pythonista supplied, but it doesn't work
as it is now constituted -- images I generate under 2.5 do not load
into my graphics program, while the same code works fine under 2.4.
There also seems to be an issue with the truetype support, and I
haven't tracked that down yet. Maybe there is a registry issue?

At any rate, I *can* use 2.4 but at this moment it's only the lack of
aggdraw that's keeping me from moving entirely to 2.5. Is there any
prospect of an updated aggdraw?