[Image-SIG] using filters dll in Python?

Dieter Vanderelst dieter.vanderelst at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 11:48:02 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to access the Filters-Dll provided by the filters-project
(http://filters.sourceforge.net/index.htm).

Following the advice I got from the Python mailing list, I do this using
ctypes (http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/ctypes/index.html).

I can seem to access the image filters now provided by the Dll because I
can instantiate "filter-objects".

But reading and writing of images is still a problem: I don't know how I
should read and write files because the project is not very well documented.

So, I was wondering whether there are people on this list that have some
experience in using the filters Dll. Maybe they could sent me some
examples of the use of the Dll with Python? Or maybe some of you have
other suggestions as to which filter library to use?

Kind regards,
Dieter