[Image-SIG] PIL & TIFF using "deflate" algorithm

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Thu Feb 16 09:50:17 CET 2006

Matthias Baas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some TIFF images that use the "deflate" compression algorithm
>  which unfortunately PIL (1.1.5) doesn't support. So I'd just like to
> ask if there are any plans to add support for deflate in the
> foreseeable future?

I don't know if PIL will add that feature, but into the new freeimagepy
version (1.2.2), I add the convertToPil feature, so, if you want, you
can load your images with freeimagepy and convert them to PIL form make
your work. I have already tried your images and all work well..

freeimagepy.sf.net

> Cheers,
>
> - Matthias -

Hope can help,