[Image-SIG] 3 channel float images

Matthew Trentacoste mmt at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Jul 11 20:32:58 CEST 2006

I do work with high dynamic range images and would like to see about
extending PIL to support them.  For those unfamiliar, the primary
difference is that all the channels are floating point.

I've more or less deconstructed the way that the importer/exporter
code works, but wanted to check on what to do to be able to create
images that contain 3 floating point channels.

What all do I need to do?
+   Add an experimental mode?
+   Add a memory mapping?
+   Add a new case to storage.c?

Any pointers and help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Matt

[  matthew m trentacoste                 mmt at cs.ubc.ca                 ]
[  graduate student                      lead software developer       ]
[  university of british columbia        brightside technologies       ]
[  http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mmt             http://brightsidetech.com     ]
[  +1 (604) 827-3979                     +1 (604) 228-4624             ]