[Image-SIG] Converting from RGB to CMYK--Help!

Medhat Assaad medhat_assaad at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 04:25:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to convert an image from RGB to CMYK, so to test that I have
this very small snippet of code:

----%-------
import Image
from sys import argv

if __name__=='__main__':
    if len(argv)==3:
        Image.open(argv[1]).convert('CMYK').save(argv[2])
----%-------

When I test this with an RGB png input (and save the output to a jpg
file), I just get a black image as output. (I am using PIL 1.1.5 on
Windows with Python 2.4.2)

To make sure that it is not a problem I am having with "displaying" the
cmyk file, I converted it back to rgb... and the rgb output was still
black.

Am I missing something?!

--
Thanks for any help you can provide,